Paving a continuous path from homelessness to independent, sustainable living
First Stop is seeking a Senior Case Manager
The Senior Case Manager will be instrumental in developing and maturing the Case Management function at First Stop. First Stop is seeking a leader to provide management and guidance to staff, while maintaining their own direct caseload. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing, refining, and managing the Case Management process end-to-end (from intake to completion/termination) according to industry best practices.
- Directly supervising the First Stop Case Management team by assisting with problem solving, ensuring balanced and appropriate caseloads, conducting performance evaluations for Case Management staff, and managing and addressing personnel issues
- Designing, building, and managing a Case Management intern program by working with local colleges
- Managing overall Case Management budget as allocated by the Board of Directors
- Providing direct Case Management services to First Stop clients
- Conducting recurring client case reviews with Case Managers
- Periodically visiting homeless camps with Encounter Teams to deliver onsite Case Management and referral services, and to stay connected and familiar with this population
- Coordinating periodic and ongoing training for First Stop’s Case Management staff
- Ensuring First Stop Case Management services comply with all defined policies and procedures, as well as with federal, state, and local laws
- Occasionally representing First Stop and its mission at community meetings and events
- Regularly representing the Case Management function to the First Stop Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
First Stop’s Senior Case Manager will provide hands-on direction for and supervision to the Case Management staff, while providing vision and direction for the department, and maintaining their own caseload. Specific requirements for this position include:
-Master Degree in a human services field
-At least 3 years of Case Management or social services experience (Experience in the Huntsville area a plus)
-Excellent written and oral communication skills
-Comfortable working with a diverse population of clients
-Excellent computer skills
-Experience working with the homeless
-Substance abuse recovery and/or counseling training a plus
-Experience using the HMIS database a plus
Please email your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you believe you would be an asset to First Stop in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.